Saturday, December 18, 2010

See ya later SEGL, I will miss you!

Today we, the Fall Class of 2010, graduated from SEGL. The graduation ceremony was really great, every faculty and student spoke for a little while, and it was really moving. My Mom, Grandpa, and his wife, Lorraine came, which meant alot to me.

While of course I'm happy to have graduated and have got to this point, I am more sad and nostalgic than I ever would have thought I would be. I want to go back to SEGL so bad. As I'm writing this, I'm sitting in my house in Needham, MA waiting to see my fellow SEGLettes run down the stairs being all crazy, but sadly I know I won't. It's so quiet without them and I feel empty in many ways without them. SEGL students and faculty are like my family, and I miss them so much already.

We have had so many amazing memories at SEGL, and we've been through so much together. I still remember meeting everyone the first day, and watching the footage of 9/11 the 2nd day. Instantly, I felt so at home and welcomed, and now I feel so grateful to have been able to share the experience with such amazing people.

As some people know, I found SEGL through a facebook ad a few days before I left for my summer program, Longacre, this summer. It seemed like fate. SEGL seemed like the perfect school for me, and I really needed a change in my life. I decided to apply one day, skyped with Noah Bopp the next, and had all my essays and the application done the next day. Clearly it was a really quick process, because I was leaving for the whole summer. It was one of the best decisions I ever made.

SEGL really was life-changing in so many ways. It really did change me for the better and I will never forget it. Our Class did the "most likely" thing and I got voted most likely to work at SEGL, and I hope I eventually do. I love it there so much.

As the saying goes, "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

And as Noah would say, SEGL isn't about what we do there, but what we do when we're home. The point of SEGL is that we go home.

Again I really want to say,
I LOVE EVERYONE AT SEGL SO MUCH AND I WILL NEVER FORGET ANY OF YOU. THIS IS NOT A GOODBYE BUT A SEE YA LATER!

No comments:

Post a Comment